Active members can transfer their coverage into retirement.
To set up the transfer details:
Call Joe Gonsalves
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Accident Defender starts at $16.29/mo
Shield Plus starts at $30.50/mo
People get sick. People have accidents. Triada makes cash payments directly to CCPOA members. On-the-job. Off-the-job. Any time. Any day. Starting on Day One. Use the cash however you see fit.
Two Kinds of Coverage
The Trust has partnered with Triada to bring our members two kinds of coverage, Accident Defender and Shield Plus. Both policies are written just for CCPOA members. These plans have rich benefits, are easy to use, and are affordable.
Each is separate coverage, but both work in a similar fashion, both designed to pay you cash benefits to help when you are injured or sick.
- Guaranteed Issue. All members qualify, regardless of age, height, weight or health condition. We won’t review your medical history before deciding whether or not to issue a policy.
- Guaranteed Renewable. Your coverage cannot be canceled as long as your premiums are paid on time.
- Fully Portable. You can keep your coverage even if you change jobs or retire.
- Two levels of coverage. Choose either Standard or Premier coverage tiers to suit your needs and budget.
Who Is Eligible?
- Members. Are you actively employed, between the ages of 18 and 70 and working at least 17.5 hours? If so, then you qualify!
- Spouse. Are you married? Then your spouse is eligible for this policy too (as long as they’re over 18 years old).
- Dependent children/grandchildren. Yup, we cover your children and depends as well. Ages 0 to 26, no student status required, coverage will continue for incapacitated dependent children regardless of age.
Once you are enrolled, your rates will never change.
Also: Guaranteed Issue. Pays cash directly to you when you’re sick or hurt and can’t work. Can you really afford to miss time from work? Your bills are going to keep coming, even if you aren’t able to earn the money you need to pay them. Protect yourself with Shield Plus.
- Your coverage begins Day One when you’re too sick or hurt to work. Your coverage starts the same day we process your application. From Day One, Shield Plus protects you by paying you cash so you can stay on top of your day-to-day living expenses.
- Shield Plus pays you cash when you need it most. Up to $1500 per-month for up to six full months.
- You get cash on top of your other benefits. Yup, even regular or enhanced workers comp or even your Gold Shield Plan. Choose from $500 up to $1500 per-month.
- It covers the stuff that actually happens. Shield Plus covers a wide range of things that keep people from working - from the little stuff like getting the flu or breaking a bone to major events such as surgery, hospitalization or complications from pregnancy.
- It covers injury AND sickness, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. There are no sneaky exclusions hidden in the fine print.
What do you get with Shield Plus?
- Monthly direct payments of your chosen benefit amount or illness up to $9,000 over 6 months.
- Choose your monthly benefit: $500, $800, $1,000, $1,200, $1,500.
What's Covered (as long as you are under a doctor’s care)
- Minor injuries such as sprains and strains.
- Minor illnesses such as sinusitis, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia Injuries or illnesses that require hospitalization, inpatient or outpatient surgery, C-sections (first occurance) or fractures.
- Serious conditions such as heart attack, cancer, stroke, paralysis, hip fracture and more.