MHA Class Events
What Are These Events All About?
The Trust is launching a series of free, online events to provide tools geared towards Corrections Officers in an effort to offset the many impacts of working in the stressful prison environment.
The Trust has pulled together a top-notch group of dynamic trainers. Topics presented during the trainings are based upon cutting edge best practices presented by experts in a variety of fields, while teaching real-time techniques to be used on the job, and at home:
- Identifying Sources of Stress
- Tools & Tips for On the Job Wellness
- Peer-to-Peer Support
- Addressing Stigma and Barriers to Access
- Well-Being is Union Business
- Wellness Resources & Best Practices
You will hear from fellow Custody Staff, health care and legal professionals, prison chaplains, and citizens committed to mental health and wellness in the world of corrections.*
Our goal is simple: we want to create an open and safe forum to provide each attendee with tangible tools and strategies to aide in their personal health and overall wellness with carefully developed content from experts with practical and clinical experience in this field.
Sign Up Today
Registration opens approximately 4 weeks ahead of each event.Click here for Class Dates & Registration
- We’ll be sending out post cards letting you know the dates and times of the events for your region.
- Each class is THREE HOURS in length
- FREE for CCPOA members and their significant other
Get Your Swag On
Members that attend these online events will have the opportunity to be enterd into a prize drawing.
Chance to win an Apple watch and other cool stuff.