Thinking About Retirement? Start here...
What Do I Get? What Should I Pick?
Yes, your benefit plan has some changes for retirement.
No, you are not left out in the cold.
Let’s get this out of the way right now – some programs do not carry over into retirement. This does not mean that the benefits you need most are taken away from you. In fact, there is a full range of affordable programs to choose from. So what programs are you eligible to apply for?
What You Can Apply For:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- CCPOA Medical Plan
- Family Defender Legal Plan
- Triada Insurance
- State Sponsored Dental
What You Can’t Apply For:
- $5,000 Accidental Death Basic
- Basic Legal Plan
- Disability Benefit Plan
How Does All This Work?
While some things have changed, understanding your benefits as a retired CCPOA member is still pretty easy. The Benefit Trust Fund is still your first stop for benefit information. This page contains links to the programs available for Retired members, as well as the application forms to get you started right away. And of course, if you have any questions, call the Trust.
Am I Still Part of CCPOA?
Yes, if you join the CCPOA Retired Chapter. As a member of this chapter, you are eligible for Retired programs offered through the Trust.
NOTICE: Pursuant to Bylaws Article II, Section 4, in order to be eligible as a retired member and receive the benefits of such membership, one must be an uninterrupted member in good standing, except for leaves of absence, from July 1, 2018 until the date their retirement becomes effective or sixty (60) consecutive months prior to their retirement (whichever is shorter).
- Union dues are only$20.00 per month. This provides a $10,000 basic life insurance benefit, $2,000 spouse benefit. When you reach age 60 this reduces to $5,000; $1,000 spouse.
- There is no underwriting.
- The insurance is provided to all formerly Active Bargaining Unit Six members who join the Retired Chapter within 90 days of retirement.
- If you join after 90 days there is a one year wait for the Basic Life Insurance.
The one-year wait does not apply to the Trust’s voluntary programs.CCPOA Union Application: Retired Chapter CalPERS Retirement page Go To Top